War Battle Games is committed to protecting your privacy. This notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you.
This notice applies to personal information that we collect in connection with our websites at warbattlegames.com, Shopify marketplace, and other social media accounts ("Websites"). This notice also applies to personal information that is collected from you by our Customer Services team.
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of your personal information:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, address, email address and telephone number.
- Date of birth.
- Country and language.
- Bank account, credit/debit card and payment information.
- Details of purchases and transactions carried out through the Websites and fulfilled by us.
- Information submitted as part of a competition operated through the Websites.
- Information submitted as part of a survey operated through the Websites.
- Records of correspondence with you whether by telephone, email, social media or otherwise.
- Online, Telephone, or in person groups
- Gift List information.
- Social media profile information, including profile name and picture.
- Product Interests and preferences.
- Details of your visits to the Websites, and information about how your device has interacted with our Websites, including search and browsing history, the pages accessed and links clicked.
- Information collected automatically from your device, including IP address, device type, operating system, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect information that you provide voluntarily. Certain parts of our Websites may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily, to register an account with us, to place an order with us, to subscribe to a service from us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit inquiries to us. We also collect information that you provide voluntarily to our Customer Services team, whether in writing or by telephone or email.
We also collect some information automatically when you visit the Websites. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Websites, where they come from, and what content on our Websites is of interest to them.
Why do we collect your personal information?
The situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below:
- To create an account for you to help us provide a more personalised service suited to meet your preferences.
- To ensure that the Websites are presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- To send you e-mails, phone texts, mail advertising of products which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To check the authenticity of applications.
- To process refunds.
- To interact with you and handle and respond to communications with you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Websites and service, when you choose to do so.
- To promote customer interactions, activities and engagement.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To contact you and to update you in respect of any partially complete or incomplete orders you have made.
- To carry out your requests in respect of any Gift List you may create.
- To obtain and analyse your feedback as part of customer surveys.
- To reserve gaming tables.
- To analyse customer behaviour and purchases within the Websites and improve the quality and relevance of our Websites to our visitors.
- To facilitate the improvement and optimisation of our services to you.
- To store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our site and newsletters according to your individual interests.
- To monitor delivery and viewing of our newsletters to facilitate the improvement and optimisation of the delivery of the newsletter to you.
- To handle any disputes which we may have with you.
- To detect and/or prevent illegal or undesirable activities within the Websites.
- Training purposes.
What if we want to use your information for a different purpose?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it unless we consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Who might we share your information with?
We may share your personal information in the situations detailed below:
- Service providers
We share your personal information with third parties who provide services to us. The following activities all involve the processing of personal information and are carried out by third party service providers: website hosting, website optimization and analytics, edge caching services, payment processing, delivery, monitoring and optimisation of checkout reminder emails and marketing materials, customer survey services, hosting and maintenance of customer services case management platform, maintenance of call recording system, hosting and maintenance of social media platforms, document and information collaboration and sharing, IT services.
All service providers must take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. We do not allow third-party service providers to use your information for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
Sale or restructure
We may share your personal information in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this notice.
Law, legal rights and vital interest
We may also need to share your information with a law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any person.
We may share your personal information where you have specifically consented to such disclosure. This includes, for example, publication of Gift Lists.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We only retain your information for as long as necessary for the purposes described above, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
Except as excluded from the scope of this notice above, the CCPA grants California residents the following rights.
- Information. You can request information about how we have collected, used, and shared and used your personal information during the past 12 months. We have made this information available to California residents without having to request it by including it in this notice in the above chart.
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the personal information that we collected about you.
Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which we must comply with a deletion request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
How to Submit a Request
To request access to or deletion of personal information:
Identity verification. The CCPA requires us to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request to access or delete personal information before providing a substantive response to the request. We may attempt to verify your identity by asking you to confirm information that we have on file about you or your interactions with us. Where we ask for additional personal information to verify your identity, we will only use it to verify your identity or your authority to make the request on behalf of another consumer.
Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have written authorization confirming such authority.
Data Elements within the Category
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Bank account numbers, debit or credit card numbers, insurance policy numbers, and other financial information.
Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, customer number, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
The derivation of information, data, assumptions, or conclusions from any other category of Personal Information to create a profile about a person reflecting the person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Internet or Network Information
Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a person’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
An online identifier or other persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a person, family, or device, over time and across different services, including but not limited to a device identifier; an Internet Protocol address; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone numbers, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers (i.e., the identification of a person or a device to a degree of certainty of more probable than not) that can be used to identify a particular person or device.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Online Tracking Opt-Out Guide
Like many companies online, we may use services provided by Google, Facebook, and other companies that use tracking technology. These services rely on tracking technologies – such as cookies and web beacons – to collect directly from your device information about your browsing activities, your interactions with websites, and the device you are using to connect to the Internet. There are a number of ways to opt-out of having your online activity and device data collected through these services, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide the functionality to limit the use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin and configuring them to block third-party cookies/trackers.
- Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of the use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Hotjar: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital advertising Alliance: http://optout.aboutads.info